Shop Dust Control

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Mar 16 16:46:52 MST 2006

To Shop Hounds....

After developing a persistent cough the past few months I've finally convinced myself that my shop vac just ain't gittin' it for dust control in my shop. The real turning point was thickness sanding a bunch of maple and mahogany for several bridge roots I recently made - I used a large conical sanding disk and the dust just billowed out from the sander. At best the shop vac caught about 3% of it.

I purchased (ordered) a 5hp cyclone separator today  http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/ . I found an extremely informative web site by the designer of the cyclone that I though might be of interest to those who have shops and thought I would share.  http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/DecidingNeeds.cfm

Happy reading!  cough!  cough!  cough!

Terry Farrell