Shop Dust Control

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Fri Mar 17 18:23:58 MST 2006

Hi Terry,

>To Shop Hounds....
>
>After developing a persistent cough the past few months I've finally
>convinced myself that my shop vac just ain't gittin' it for dust
>control in my shop.

I'm having a similar problem. I have a persistent cough which gets
worse when I'm using the machines which aren't connected directly to
the dust extractor (currently a 1hp poorly designed unit). Our resaw
bandsaw and drum sander are connected directly to the extractor,
which is a major help, but the belt sander and overhead router in
particular spew dust over the operator at will.

>I purchased (ordered) a 5hp cyclone
>separator today  <http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/>http://www.clearvuecyclones.com/
>. I found an extremely informative web site by the designer of the
>cyclone that I though might be of interest to those who have shops
>and thought I would share.
><http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/DecidingNeeds.cfm>http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/DecidingNeeds.cfm

Good move Terry.

Locally, I've found a distributor who can supply a very good 5 hp cyclone unit.

http://www.majorwoodworking.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=72_42&products_id=168

They also supply a 3 hp unit.

http://www.majorwoodworking.com.au/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=72_42&products_id=167

The price for the 3hp unit is quite reasonable at A$1320.00, which is
US$960 at today's exchange rate.

We're planning to install one when I return from Rochester. Its all a
matter of being able to afford the equipment, but its certainly
overdue.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY