Rib Layout

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri Mar 17 19:03:54 MST 2006

> With the low end of the tenor bridge are you trying to match the distance
> from the rim to that of the top end of the bass bridge necessarily?
>
> David Love

Thereabouts. I'll often extend the high end of the bass bridge
closer to the rim too, or to include another rib or even two
in larger pianos where the bass bridge too nearly parallels
the rim. I will have made the low bass flexible, and need to
get some stiffness at the upper bass and low tenor somehow, to
keep them from screaming.

Ron N