Shop Dust Control

Overs Pianos sec at overspianos.com.au
Sat Mar 18 01:09:20 MST 2006

William, Terry and all,

>In case you are considering PVC for the ducting, I'd do some research.  PVC
>is more prone to buildup of static charges, more difficult to ground and,
>consequently, fire hazard increases.  I dunno how much, and I know a couple
>guys that use PVC and haven't had any issues, but it may be worth
>researching if that is your bent.
>
>Just my 2 cents.
>William R. Monroe

Good comment William. The use of PVC is OK provided that a proper
earthing network is installed. A spiral wrap of earth wire (without
insulation) along each runner, properly grounded, will prevent the
generation of potentially explosive static voltages.

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers