MY ETD IS MADE BY SIEMENS-- IT'S CALLED A HEARING AID

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Sat Mar 18 03:54:54 MST 2006

Hi Techs

Hopefully I can help everyone  or someone a bit.

I received my second hearing aid about 6 months ago. I am a 69 year old
Aural tuner who sees absolutely no benefit in ever owning an Tunlab or
whatever. I am a concert tuner and to this day will put my tuning up
against any of you. Among my customers are 4 phd's in piano performance,
one master in piano performance, a large number of piano teachers
etc.etc.etc. Oh Yeah---I am an rpt.

_______________________

    /Being an aural advocate myself and one ofte times accused unjustly
    of disdain for ETD's I can only say that anyone who simply does not
    see any benifit in ever owning an ETD just doesnt have their
    perceptionary facilities turned quite all the way on.  Choosing
    whether or not too utilize the real and obvious benifits ETD's do
    have or not is another matter./

/Snipp snipp.../
_______________________

For God Sake---go get your ears checked people.Your ETDs don't hear this
stuff. Half of you can't hear and don't know it. Piano tuners are
probably among the absolutely worst hearing people in the world.

Ron May

___________________

    /While the bit about hearing aids in itself is good stuff Ron... the
    whole of your posts attentions towards ETD's is IMHO not.  You EARS
    do not "hear this stuff" essentially any differently then the ETD
    does. Its what happens beyond the sensory device itself that is sets
    human aural perception  apart from ETD signal processing.  Given
    that fact, the visual information given by an ETD can be sufficient
    for human perceptionary tools other then strictly aural to process
    resulting in a tuning every bit as fine and human as one does via
    routing aural information through the ear.  One simply has to have a
    good working knowledge tuning theory and use the brain to think
    through what you are seeing. Tune Lab 97 is particularilly well
    suited to this IMHO.

    /

/Cheers
RicB/