MY ETD IS MADE BY SIEMENS-- IT'S CALLED A HEARING AID

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sat Mar 18 04:56:48 MST 2006

At 04:54 3/18/2006, you wrote:
>Hi Techs

Like Ron, I am basically an aural tuner with a hearing aid.  The
difference is that mine will never fit in my ear.

I like to think that my aural tunings are purty dern good, so I have
no fear of the battery running low. If it does, I can usually plug in
my laptop and tune while it's charging. - try that with your
Siemens... ;-}          If I can't reach a live outlet, it ain't no big deal.

What my ETD _will_ do, that an in-the-ear one won't, is what I
describe (to customers who care to know) as "heavy
lifting".  Yesterday, I tuned a Baldwin 243 up to A440. It was found
at 435.3Hz.  Two easy passes, my wetware didn't sweat a bit and it
sounded purty dern good. (as good as _it_ could, anyway ;-)   Oh, did
I tell you that it was located in the cafeteria, next to the lineup
of drink coolers?

BTW, I'm 60 and I _did_ have an audiogram in the fall. I can still
hear purty dern good. Results were within the margin of error to
those of 20 years ago.

I wear earplugs (w/o batteries) while tuning, and credit them with
preserving my hearing.
YMMV, of course.