CA delivery apparatus

Dean May deanmay at pianorebuilders.com
Sun Mar 19 07:38:23 MST 2006

Have you tried the hypo oiler?

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Jon Page
Sent: Sunday, March 19, 2006 7:05 AM
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: CA delivery apparatus

I've been mulling over means to apply CA to bridge pins
and not risk flooding an area.

The elongated tip on the bottle doesn't offer enough control.

Once I tried a hypodermic needle and the plunger kept getting
hung up (glued to the sides). If one were to lube the ways
would the glue dissolve it anyway placing the lube in suspension?
Does the plunger offer fine enough control? Is there an appliance
with a screw drive whereby the plunger would be activated by
finely controlled pressure?

Another device might be a drafting pen (old fashioned variety).
This might be the item because it can't dump excess by mistake.
I hate it when that happens.

An artist's fluid-writing pen might clog too easily. However there
might be an application for a Speedball tip. (I've done calligraphy
in the distant past, which comes in handy when lettering plates -
fluid-writing pen and waterbased acrylic medium).

An artist's brush will solidify and have too much area for pin-point
application. I've used this before and was not satisfied.
Two or three fine wires bundled together might work,
sort of like a mini-pen/steel brush.

Maybe the Moody Drip-o-lator?  (check the archive, it's in there)

Any sure-fire delivery system out there?  Brainstorming welcome.

I'll be suppressing the false beats on a treble bridge tomorrow.
So far I'm leaning towards the drafting pen but will also experiment
with a greased-up hypo.  An old-style drafting pen might be easier
cleaning than a Speedball tip.
--

Regards,

Jon Page