Hearing

pianotune05 pianotune05 at comcast.net
Sun Mar 19 09:51:49 MST 2006

Marshall puts down tuning lever and turns around from his tuning and faces Joe a lovalbe crusty guy from Oregon.  He shakes his firm hand from years of tuning, regulating repairing and e-mailing his vast knowledge on the list. ;)
Marshall says kindly,
"Hi Joe,
I'm Marshall smoeone or other,
I'd be happy to sit in on your classes.  What are you teaching.  You might be crusty as Alan said, but that's OK.  I'm told that I'm lovalbe, onrey, cantankerous pardon the spelling, and quite a guy who will give the sport coat off his back even if the person doesn't wear a 42r.  Alan says I'm just like you in personality.  Are you Italian Irish from Philadelphia like me?

Seriously, though, Alan, good post.  I think Joe's a cool guy from what I read and quite the comic.  Randy Potter worships him in his course, so I bet he's the "Quincy" the TV show personality of piano tuning, a strait forward guy who knows his stuff and doesn't take anything from anyone.  I'm glad.  I'm anxious to meet him actually and everyone on the list even Jeannie believe it or not.

I'm out to prove one thing only--e-mail is nothing but mere words that often get misunderstood, twisted, marred, and abused.  What can we say about tone, facial expression, body language in general?  If we were all sitting down in a room, things would be different.  So when Iget flack from the list, or when anyone else does for that matter, I suspect or hope anyway that we'll be adults at the convention and burry the tuning lever, the one that the rosewood handle broke on, and shake hands or hug if someone is in to hugging, and all be friends and colleagues.
Marshall