MY ETD IS MADE BY SIEMENS

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Mon Mar 20 11:37:41 MST 2006

Hey there Mr Bill.

    /
    On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Ric Brekne wrote:
     > Last time I checked mine they tested to 8000 hz.  Piano work doesnt
     > require anything near that much unless you into trying to directly
     > tune a 4:2 octave at C7-C8 :)

    Now we're getting to the nuts and bolts of what a hearing aid can
    offer to an aural tuner.
    /
    /While we're at it, can someone with an RCT or TuneLab read some
    relative signal strengths on the 2d partial of G6 and the 1st of G7.
    Then does anybody know the point at which a series of pulses turns
    into a tone? 10 Hz, 15Hz? /

I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was around 30 hz.  Very iffy.

    /Is the point which beat rate is too fast to
    be unusable for us aural tuners any higher than 12 bps? Maybe that's
    another measurement for an ETD./

Definatly not.  You can use 15 - 20 bps no problem.  That is to say if
you are comparing two intervals in which the reference note yeilds
roughly 20 bps for both intervals... an aural comparison is easy enough
to accomplish.

    /As pointed out earlier, aural tuning may be the least of the areas of
    our work affected by hearing loss, and possibly the last to be hit.
    This thread has barely scratched the surface. At least with water,
    you DO miss it when the well runs dry./

I'll buy that for sure.  I'll also buy the statement that in the end our
work is about human hearing and listening... since regardless of how
well a visual route can get you down the same road or not.... you cant
appreciate the sound of music without your ears.

    /Bill Ballard RPT/

Cheers
RicB

    NH Chapter, P.T.G.