MY ETD IS MADE BY SIEMENS

alan forsyth alan at forsythalan.wanadoo.co.uk
Mon Mar 20 13:39:54 MST 2006

....................."I seem to remember reading somewhere that it was around 30 hz.  Very iffy.

    /Is the point which beat rate is too fast to
    be unusable for us aural tuners any higher than 12 bps? Maybe that's
    another measurement for an ETD./

Definitely  (Ric) not.  You can use 15 - 20 bps no problem.  That is to say if
you are comparing two intervals in which the reference note yields
roughly 20 bps for both intervals... an aural comparison is easy enough
to accomplish.".............

This is the reason why AO (or A1) is the first note or lowest note on the piano. Any frequency (read as beat rate) lower than 27.5 Hz is no longer perceived as a sound by the "human" brain. In theory we start to hear the separate beats or pulses.

AF