CA delivery apparatus, verdict

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 20 20:06:59 MST 2006

I have a Yamaha C2 developing some falseness.   When I apply pressure to the bridge pin it stops...I'm going try it...I'm assuming you don't have to move the string out of the way?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

The pen delivered a measured amount with precision. It clogged often
so the wholesale treatment of the bridge would be best served with the
syringe. A 1/8" bead of glue in the pen wicked right in when touched on
the base of the pin without a trace and stopped the false beat.
This would be perfect for spot sizing on the job where producing
a lubed hypo and subsequent clean-up is prohibitive.

A combination worked well too. I placed the pen tip on a crack or base
of the pin and fed the glue with the syringe. If you keep the reservoir
to a minimum the flow wicks in without overflow.
The tip of the pen acted as a fine-point interface.

I didn't have an open container of CA in which to dip the pen.
This would have allowed for faster application with the pen.
I loaded the pen quill from either the bottler or syringe.
But it's loading-up caused me to use the syringe across the sections.
Perhaps if I had cleaned it better there may not have been such reaction.

There was some minor migration but nothing like from the bottle. With that,
a cloth and brush kept the surface clean. Any gloss from glue drying on the
surface was brushed to a matte finish and the bridge looks undisturbed.

The beats are gone and the treble is clean and bright.

So, drafting pen for the tool case for spot sizing. Lubed syringe for extended
bridge pin sizing.
--

Regards,

Jon Page