kawai

David Andersen david at davidandersenpianos.com
Tue Mar 21 09:48:05 MST 2006

> I dont want to get into a diatride like the ones on hearing aids and ear
> plugs.So  far I have found this site to be helpful,but now I wonder.First of
> all I wear hearing aids and ear plugs. 3 years as a pilot in Vietnam did some
> damage. I am also a retired professional engineer. I have spent the last 20
> years building and repairing many types of stringed instruments. Yes I am good
> on piano actions and have repaired them for years and finally decided it was
> stupid and lazy not to learn how to tune them! I cant tell you how many or how
> many years to become  a tuner but I can say that when you feel you are the
> best you are kidding yourself.I am taking training I will be a RPT some day. I
> am joining the Guild. I have all the books and a good supply of tools.Needless
> to say this forum,I thought ,was to offer encouragement.We found the wire
> breakage problem it was the hole in the pin. It has been replaced and tuned.I
> fl some tricks of the trade would be nice. In closing ras Marshall's letter an
> ty to be a little more loose,Charlie

Welcome, Charlie....you¹re doing everything right; keep on going.  The
passion level here is high, and the plaintive note you sent, doubting
yourself, was a bit confusing and perhaps gave the replier the wrong idea
about your approach.  Relax----everybody here wants you to succeed and have
a good time doing it.

Welcome.

David Andersen