kawai

Charlie Potter charles.potter2 at verizon.net
Tue Mar 21 09:39:29 MST 2006

I dont want to get into a diatride like the ones on hearing aids and ear plugs.So  far I have found this site to be helpful,but now I wonder.First of all I wear hearing aids and ear plugs. 3 years as a pilot in Vietnam did some damage. I am also a retired professional engineer. I have spent the last 20 years building and repairing many types of stringed instruments. Yes I am good on piano actions and have repaired them for years and finally decided it was stupid and lazy not to learn how to tune them! I cant tell you how many or how many years to become  a tuner but I can say that when you feel you are the best you are kidding yourself.I am taking training I will be a RPT some day. I am joining the Guild. I have all the books and a good supply of tools.Needless to say this forum,I thought ,was to offer encouragement.We found the wire breakage problem it was the hole in the pin. It has been replaced and tuned.I fl some tricks of the trade would be nice. In closing ras Marshall's letter an ty to be a little more loose,Charlie