MY ETD IS MADE BY SIEMENS

DIANE HOFSTETTER dianepianotuner at msn.com
Wed Mar 22 00:41:22 MST 2006

    /
    On Mar 20, 2006, at 10:09 AM, Ric Brekne wrote:
     > Last time I checked mine they tested to 8000 hz.  Piano work doesnt
require anything near that much unless you into trying to directly tune a
4:2 octave at C7-C8 :)

True, but testing your hearing in the ultra-high frequencies gives you an
early warning sign that you are starting to have hearing damage.  Also,
early detection of hearing problems, especially if they are only in one ear,
can be an early warning sign of other medical problems such as Meniere's
disease or acoustic neuroma (tumor on the auditory nerve).

/ I'll also buy the statement that in the end our work is about human
hearing and listening... since regardless of how well a visual route can get
you down the same road or not.... you cant appreciate the sound of music
without your ears.

    /Bill Ballard RPT/

Well said!
Diane