Chipped Ivories

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 22 16:14:02 MST 2006

Michelle asked: "A couple of years ago, my 2 year old son knocked some small chips in
the ivories on my Mom's Steinway grand. (He's still alive,
amazingly.) I'm wondering if anyone has used the AcryliKey II
product and if so, how does it look when finished? Also, I'm very
new to this field and can't decide whether to try it myself or send
it out to someone. (There are about 4 keys that need repair.)
Thanks for your suggestions."

Michelle,
Acrylikey is almost invisible, IF it is done by someone who has Practiced the blending, coloring, etc. If you were to attempt it yourself, I would say you need to practice on some other piano Ivory chips, before doing it on your mother's Steinway.<G> The kits are available. Look in the back of the Journal for the ad.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I