Women and Tuning

timothy ehlen tehlen at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 22 16:15:22 MST 2006

Avery,

Actually, it's true: a German philosopher named Baumgarten
coined this word "aesthetics" (the study of beauty), and the
word was intended to sound as ugly as possible, so as to
avoid any misunderstanding, as referenced below.  Didn't
mean to make light of Stephane's post--I'm sure many can
relate to it.

Maybe you haven't noticed my previous posts--I'm a pianist
(Timothy Ehlen), but I'm also interested in piano
technology.

BTW, are you just naturally inquisitive, or do you always
use that may question marks?

Tim