pedal lift rod squeal

John Formsma john at formsmapiano.com
Wed Mar 22 16:30:07 MST 2006

Don,

I've also done what Dave Stahl suggested, but always remove the rod to clean
it thoroughly (with Flitz) before applying Protek lube. (I think it's called
MPL something, but it's the thick paste from Pianotek.)

A few weeks ago there was a Kimball console that had a lot of clicking
noises and some creaking noises caused from contact with the rod/spoons and
the damper lever felt. I applied Teflon powder with a small artist brush to
work the powder into the lever felts. That worked for the short term at
least, and I haven't been back for the next tuning, so I don't know about
its longevity.

Are you sure the squealing noise is coming from contact with the rod and not
from the rod hook bracket bushings being too tight?

John Formsma

  _____