tuning hammer tips

DIANE HOFSTETTER dianepianotuner at msn.com
Thu Mar 23 23:09:14 MST 2006

The shaft of my Hale hammer, which was originally given to me by a man who
started tuning with it in 1946, broke about six months ago.  My sweet boss
bought me  a very nice looking Schaff hammer with a rosewood handle.  It
drove me nuts!  He bought two tips and two heads to go with it.  The tips
were just awful.  I could hardly tune.  Finally I managed to extricate the
old Hale tip from the damaged head.  What a difference!

Diane

Diane Hofstetter