planers

Brad Smith, RPT staff at smithpiano.com
Fri Mar 24 04:23:45 MST 2006

Hi David,
I bought this Delta 13" planer last year:
http://www.westerntool.com/product.htm?pid=420416
here is someone's review of it:
http://www.sawdustandshavings.com/power_tools/delta_planer_review.asp

I don't use it as much as my table saw, but you really need it when you need
it.
I've been very happy with it, planing down Bolduc pinblocks and hard maple
bridge cap material mostly.
I have the dust connector attachment thing, so I don't create a wood
snowfall in my shop.

However....my friend Paul Panek loves to deride my Delta tools!  He goes and
buys a Powermatic such and such, and stops over to let me know...:-)   He's
one of these North Bennet Street guys, and they all get brainwashed that you
have to get Powermatic or you are unworthy ......:-)  JUST KIDDING GUYS!!!!!

I did see that going to the 13" Delta was a jump up in performance from
their 12"  model.

Keep us posted on your purchase.

--
Best Regards,