Protecting plain wire from rust

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Sat Mar 25 06:44:09 MST 2006

You might look into <http://www.puresound-wire.com/> if you're
interested inl wire that won't rust -- it's stainless steel!  Jim
Busby gave an excellent presentation to the Boston PTG Chapter in
which he recounted (among other topics) his experience of restringing
8 pianos at BYU with their wire.
It was developed specifically for early instruments, but can be used
on modern pianos with low tension scales. E.g., good results with
smaller Steinways, apparently NOT advisable for a Yamaha.
Meanwhile, I'm not putting any goo on pianos under my supervision.
Roslau did sell a tin coated wire, but I only heard complaints from
those I know who tried it.
Patrick Draine