Needles and Epoxy

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 25 09:37:43 MST 2006

> I've been using a product called Epotek 301 for various things including
> filling capstan holes. It's like a thinner stronger version of the West
> System and is used by the military to make lenses...you get the point...

No, actually, I don't. Why not West System?

>  I like what I see at
> Research Supply but any thoughts on their use with epoxy?
>
> Jude Reveley, RPT

I pin every bridge with Epoxy (West System), dispensed with a
regular old 3cc hypodermic with the needle removed. In the
case of bridges, I keep the mixed epoxy in the refrigerator
and refill the syringe from it as necessary, so I can do a
whole bridge set on one pump mix. They work just fine.

Ron N