Tuning from scratch

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Mar 25 18:47:04 MST 2006

> I don't have great aural skills.  I have to wear hearing aids, so Tunelab is
> a major help. I venture that in 15 years the electronics will be the
> standard because young people aren't going to spend years and years learning
> the old fashioned way.  However I have tuned for Houston Symphony and Paul
> Anks aurally and they were quite satisfied.  However  I'll stack Tune Lab
> against most good aural tuners on a good piano........  JMHO
> les bartlett

Les,
I suspect that if you were to check it out, electronics has
been the de facto standard for some years now. I think it
would be interesting to see the figures among PTG members as
to strictly aural vs ETD (assist or dependent). I'm not
looking for compiled declarations and defense or praise
presentations (one way or the other) on list here, but I'd be
curious as to the total percentages among the entire
membership who typically tune with an ETD or not, even if it's
just used as a space heater. Is that in the member survey?

Ron N