Tuning from scratch

Pianoman pianoman at accessus.net
Tue Mar 28 06:52:28 MST 2006

Hi Michelle,
No problem.  I was taught aural tuning in 1962 by some of the best in my
area.  I started with electronic tuning in the 80's with the SOT, then SAT,
then, RCT and now back to SAT.  All along, since the 80's, I have used aural
tuning as a complement to electronic tuning and I almost exclusively use
electronic now as it takes the drudgery out of everyday tuning with most of
the pianos we have to work with.  It has been a trusted friend for my skills
just as aural tuning.  A good job can be had with whatever system is used.
It is the attitude of the user and the carefulness of his method that allows
both to be credible methods.  If we do not keep up we are left behind.
James
James Grebe   Piano Tuning & Repair   Member of M.P.T.
R.P.T. of the P.T.G. for over 30 years.   "Member of the Year" in 1989
   Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups, Piano Benches, Writing
Instruments
(314) 845-8282   1526 Raspberry Lane   Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman at accessus.net