How to diagnose YC Expanding Action Brackets

TOM DRISCOLL tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Mar 28 06:56:49 MST 2006

  I am going to inspect a 1992 Young Chang Grand for a client of mine who is considering purchasing it from the sellers of the house she is buying.  Could someone give me a quick sympton list of Expanding Action Bracket Syndrome?

  Rick Bazemore, RPT

  Rick,
      When you get to the piano and the action is halfway out , the drop screws are wedged into the pinblock and there are skid marks out front from the last piano tuners vehicle.
      Those are good indications that the brackets are growing.
          Kidding aside , the previous posts are on track (Even Mr. Bondi's ) and more generally the thing will just feel as wrong as an action can feel.
      Tom Driscoll RPT