Protecting plain wire from rust

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Wed Mar 29 08:08:59 MST 2006

In a message dated 3/28/2006 12:44:10 AM Eastern Standard Time,
thetuner at ivories52.com writes:
Geoff,
Another good way of removing rust is to go to a beauty supply store and get
the Emory covered foams ( 85c each). They come in course, medium, and fine,
and are used for buffing out finger nails.Get the medium  grade. Does a
beautiful job of getting the rust off.
Tom Servinsky
Greetings,

          I am not sure about this but if you let rust on the strings, wont
that block the atmosphere from attacking the surface and prevent further new
rust from forming?...or....does it work the opposite?  that is, if you take the
rust away it will inhibit any more from forming??? I ahave always wondered
about this.

Thanks,
Julia Gottshall
Readong, PA