Unusual Hamburg S&S O

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Mar 30 08:21:20 MST 2006

It could be a stwy.  They've done many commissioned pianos for  clients.  Hey
just look on the plate.  If it says stwy then mystery  solved.
    Dale

Hi  Listees,

Attached is a picture of an unusual piano - reportedly a 1920s  Hamburg
Steinway model O. It is also reportedly a player. I will be  inspecting it in
the near future for some rebuilding tasks. I've simply  never seen one quite
like this - it appears to have oak veneers - the  owner claims it is solid
oak, but we've all heard that before. Anyone have  any background information
on pianos like this that they might care to  share?

Thanks.

Terry Farrell