shoulder pain thanks

carlteplitski koko99 at shaw.ca
Thu Mar 30 19:48:26 MST 2006

Dave :   Some years ago I was having some arm and shoulder problems, so
I started
to observe my tuning positions.  I found that if  I assumed an
advantagious  position  at
the keyboard, that is , where most of my body was behind  the hammer , I
could  manipulate
it with much more strength and also control, without straining it.  I'm
a left hand tuner, so when
a piano is up against a wall on the bass side, I learned to tune the
bass with my right hand. This
of course put my body facing the bass side, rather than the treble, like
it does when I tune left hand.
Good luck.

Carl / Winnipeg