Question

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Thu Mar 30 22:15:00 MST 2006

> Oops, sorry. MC = wood moisture content - degree to which the panel is
> dried - 6.5 to 6.0% for RC&S up to 4% (if I remember correctly) for CC.
>
> Terry Farrell

It always used to be (DOWN to) 4% for CC (with a 60' crown
radius, however that worked), then...  Somewhere during the
soundboard crowning discussions on the list in the last few
years, it was reported that CC boards were suddenly and
mysteriously made with 4.5%MC. Then, somewhat later, 5%MC. I
think I recall the last report as being at 5.5%MC. Wishful
thinking aside, I somehow doubt that a reasonably functional
CC board can be built at 5.5%, or even at 5% and survive for
any length of time. Still, times change and the rules of
physics do seem to be negotiable in marketing.

But then this is part of why I said I don't have a clue how to
build a CC board.

Ron N