Kimball

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Mon May 1 21:09:53 MDT 2006

Dean said: "One thing you'll find on this list is a wide diversity of opinion on just
about any topic. My experience is a little different than William's below. I
would say that you have an excellent piano to start with. The Kimballs from
the 30's were still made in Chicago and were very respectable pianos. I've
redone several. They are easy to work on and yield very nice results.

Get the Journal back issues on CDs and do lots of reading. You'll do fine."

All,
If it's the action I think it is, there are a few tricks to get it to work properly, especially if you are going to recondition the original parts. I have an Official Kimball Manual, from the 40's. All are welcome to it via scanning. (I tried to scan it for the Journal, but the pictures, etc., don't scan very well. However, the text is quite helpful.
Ask and ye shall recieve. :-)
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police