Yet another newbie

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Tue May 2 05:22:35 MDT 2006

Sara,

Welcome to the zoo! ;-}

At 04:00 PM 5/1/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all.
>
>The packet from the PTG arrived the other day,
>and I see that I will need a sponsor to join. Any tips on finding one?
>I've been emailing back and
>forth with Ruth Webb of Allied Piano (it's not far from me.)

You couldn't find a nicer sponsor.

>My practice piano - a vintage 1920 Somethingorother upright will be
>arriving on May 16th. Brand
>is unknown because the second previous owner antiqued the thing, ruining a
>beautiful case, I
>am told.

So you're getting this beastie, sight unseen? Such courage! When you _do_
get to look inside that instrument, unless it is a "stencil" brand, you
should find some identification on the plate as well as a serial number
(somewhere... they can be elusive).

Have fun exploring that instrument and learning as you go.  After 30+
years, I'm still learning that way.
(Save your breath, Bondi. I know I'm a slow learner with retention span
problems... ;)

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.