Yet another newbie

Clark Sprague CSPRAGUE4 at woh.rr.com
Tue May 2 06:35:21 MDT 2006

Hello,  Sara and Sam, and welcome to the List!  I have to chime in here, which I don't do alot.  I tuned pianos for 20 years part-time, while I taught school, and other things.  But the learning started in earnest when I took a full-time job with a dealer, and had other techs to mentor me.  I have learned more in that 6 1/2 years than I did in the previous 20, passed my RPT exams in about 2 years.  The value of a technician mentor/friend is absolutely invaluable.  Also, join the PTG, it is a great learning experience as well.
    Sam, I re-whatevered a 1930's Kimball grand for a school a while back, and it turned out to be a decent piano, FWIW.
Clark A. Sprague, RPT