Grand Damper Felts

Dave Doremus algiers_piano at bellsouth.net
Tue May 2 17:25:27 MDT 2006

Dale, I will. Thanks, this was a Baldwin, I think the felt on real
close inspection was a wee bit uneven, one side of the trichord wedge
a wee bit thicker than the other side. On a Steinway with damper
springs I dont think this would have been as much of a problem but
the underlevers on this one are so light the fit has to be perfect. I
too have used these almost exclusively for about three years, since
Wally Brooks recommended them for a Chickering, and this is the first
time Ive had any problem at all.

Dave