Grand Damper Felts

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue May 2 13:37:57 MDT 2006

Hi Dave
  I have had this problem on occasion & you should let Mike or Rob  at
pacific piano know as they are the importer.  They will replace  them.  I've used
them almost exclusively for years now & they fit all  Steinways I can recall.
  Dale

I just want to add one caveat. I have used these felt sets for a couple  of
years with great results. However, last night and today I was blithely  putting
in dampers on a Baldwin L. The bichords and trichords simply dont  work. I am
now replacing them with a set of pre cut Steinway M felt I had in a  box that
works perfectly. I dont know if this was bad luck in the match of  dampers to
strings or a bad batch or what, but the taper of the bichords is  wider than
that of the S&S and they dont seat well, same for the  trichords. I have never
had this problem before and probably never will again  but try your felt
before your commit, dont take anything for granted!

Older but not yet wiser,

Dave
New Orleans