pRCT got ears again! was S.O.S. my pRCT has gone deaf!!!

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 3 17:37:21 MDT 2006

I just finished a week with Yamaha America...there Concert Piano Technician Seminar.   Aural tuning is of course what they advised.   They demonstrated the temperment taught at the Yamaha Academy in Japan.   4ths & 5ths were a bit slower beating than standard equal temperment (what ever that is).   Strictly pure octaves, F3-A3 was about 6 to 6.5 beats per second...leaning towards 6.   They used an A440 fork to tune A3 (temperment starting point)  F3 -A3 = F3 - Fork.   I'm practicing the temperment but I'm using my Sat to get me in the ballpark before slight adjustments...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California