Lost motion test..addendum question

KeyKat88 at aol.com KeyKat88 at aol.com
Thu May 4 15:55:32 MDT 2006

Greetings,

         Oh and to add an addendum to my question, Sometimes it seems as
though the keys dont know where to settle on the balance rail in order to even do
the "top of the key tap" test! If I push them slightly down they may stay
there, or lift them alittle they will rest there etc. The key bushings are not
tight, I know this...or should they be eased more?   The thing plays okay, no
seized keys.

        Whats up with that? Does it have to do with weights or lack of
weights or balancing in upright keys? If a key doesnt display a definitive/definite
settling balance point at rest (well it really cant be resting if its resting
point is variable, now can it?...or can it?) then How do you know where that
true resting point really when the key behaves like this?

JUlia
Reading, PA
In a message dated 5/4/2006 5:31:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,