Short Capstan

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Fri May 5 09:28:59 MDT 2006

> I'm looking for sets of capstans that are like the one pictured (sorry it's
> blurry but I can't seem to get the picture in focus).  The overall length
> (the important dimension) is about 17mm as you can see.  Let me know if you
> have anything like it.
>
> David Love

Back action capstans? I'm currently using 10/24 x 1/2" hex
head bolts. Total length about 15mm, low profile head so
there's plenty of room to work with under the damper lever
without having to cut the tray down much, leaving plenty of
threads in the tray. These had a raised ridge around the head
perimeter which I had to remove (pain in the butt), but they
look like they'll work fine.

Ron N