Jack popped out

John Fortiner jlfortiner at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:55:40 MDT 2006

Check the jack spring.  I recently had this sort of problem on a Hamilton
243 and discovered that a spinet length jack spring had been installed on
that particular note rather than the longer spring that belongs there.  The
spring was not broken, just way too short.

John Fortiner
Billings, MT.

  _____