Brambach Regulation

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 7 11:06:43 MDT 2006

Interesting point Joe.  I just pulled the action on one of my grands
to fiddle with jack position.  I was taught the one way but am
curious.  Turns out that on this piano both references will put the
jack in the same position.  I'm guessing that in some pianos there is
more of a difference.  Perhaps you have more to add to this.  Is
there a concern that lining up the back (towards back of piano) edges
might contribute to cheating?

I was privately wondering if close let-off might shorten ideal blow
distance on this.  After-touch is what you feel after the jack tender
hits the regulation button and disengages the jack from the hammer
shank knuckle.  You need enough of this for the action to cycle
without bobbling off of the top of the jack during soft piano
passages (jack failing to disengage).  Generally you don't want too
much or too little (read, some room for taste preferences).

Have fun,
Andrew Anderson