Loss and Piano Tuning ( was: hearing etc.)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Sun May 7 14:35:26 MDT 2006

Ed,

At 14:10 5/7/2006, you wrote:
>HOWEVER !,  I have spoken to numerous techs and former techs that had to
>leave the tuning and rebuilding business because of joint problems,
>repetitive
>stress problems, tendonitis, carpal tunnel problems, etc.  and I
>have heard very,
>very, little about protecting against these things.
>      Worry about our hearing is misplaced if we ignore the
> mechanical dangers
>of our work.  I would suggest that a better expense than custom ear plugs
>would be a yoga course, or a physical trainer or therapist that
>could diagnose
>our posture, ergonomic habits, and flexibility capacity.  That is
>where the more
>likely danger will be addressed.
>Regards,
>
>Ed Foote RPT

This topic comes around from time to time, so there should be
beaucoup stuff in the archives.  I just checked my "attach" file and
found a picture I'd sent in Feb 2001.

I had bi-lateral carpal surgery 20 years ago, but after surgery, I
changed my evil ways, started using a thumper, wearing elastic wrist
bands and am still working...

Conrad Hoffsommer
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be
misquoted, then used against you.