Loss and Piano Tuning ( was: hearing etc.)

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon May 8 12:02:15 MDT 2006

At 08:17 AM 5/8/2006 -0600, you wrote:
>Conrad - Have you noticed how slippery that felt can be against plastic
>keytops??

Not really. I'm usually hitting it pretty much vertical, but I see your point.

>Try gluing a small piece of buckskin on the end of the felt.
>Goodby slipperiness.......
>
>John Fortiner

Like certain things pertaining to a famous make, that slipperiness might
just be a "feature".  If it squirts out due to a non-perpendicular blow, it
goes away from the palm of my hand. If it grabbed, it might create some
torque to my thumb/wrist...

Either way, I've been using this, successfully, for years and would be
reluctant to fix something which doesn't appear to me to be a
flaw.  Teaching an old dog, like me, new tricks would not be time well
spent... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.