1937 Acrosonic action removal

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Tue May 9 18:00:24 MDT 2006

Absolutely.  Just the "collets" from a damper head will work (you may have to drill them out to fit over the P.F.G.P.).  I used six of 'em on the Acrosonic I just did, to keep them from slipping through their guide rail.

I also tied that sticker rail to the main action with two pieces of music wire on the action brackets.  Don't tie it too close, though.  Otherwise, when you reinsert the action, all the leather-covered-wood-fingers that sit on top of the capstans will fall *behind* the capstans, and it will be impossible to (a) push down all the backs of the keys and (b) lift them all up over the capstans.  The only decent fix is to lift and then reinsert the action.

Darned difficult to find the four posts the action sits on, too; the dampers seem to be the best guide to docking...

--Cy--