1937 Acrosonic....

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Tue May 9 19:18:16 MDT 2006

"If I remember correctly...you need a couple damper heads without dampers. Connect them to the 1st bass sticker to the "pickup finger guide pin" (Merle Mason) and one at the treble end. This will keep the pickup fingers/stickers in the guide rail. Then remove screws holding the "pickup finger guide rail" (Merle Mason) and the action bracket bolt nut (Merle Mason)...the action/stickers etc. should all lift out...you might need to remove some stuff for clearance..."

David,
Because that guide rail is so flexible, I suggest putting Damper Barrels on a pickup wire, at EVERY convenient spot. (I carry five of them with me @ all times!) The Barrels are the metal insert in a damper head. They're available from the suppliers. Smaller/easier to carry around.

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I