The pitch raise speech

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Fri May 12 10:36:00 MDT 2006

As a new tuner, I have read with much interest the non-emotional
speech given to customers concerning the possible outcomes of a pitch
raise.  (Plate failure, string breakage, etc.)

Is there a certain point (cents-wise) that you give this speech or is
it based more on the condition/age of the instrument?

Also, I'm assuming the customer's answer is usually in favor of the
pitch raise.  What do you do when they don't want to risk it?  Go
home or tune the piano to itself?

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Michelle Smith
Student Tuner