powdered Teflon--new use??

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Mon May 15 04:33:38 MDT 2006

At 12:04 PM 5/14/2006 -0400, you wrote:
>I have heard that above about 600 degrees F, the teflon breaks down into,
>and emits phosgene gas, which was a deadly agent used in World War I. Not
>nice stuff to breath.
>
>Robin Blankenship

If the shoes on your feet are over 600°F, then you are in the oven of a
crematorium and aren't much concerned about long (or short)-term effects..

Yesterday, I cooked two meals on a non-slip surfaced frying pan and my bird
brain is as functional as it ever was. Some people might argue that the
scrapple I had for breakfast is more toxic than the pan I cooked it in. ;-}}}

>If you frequently have "burnt offerings", OK. I can understand. :-)
>Do you cook above 600 F.?
>
>Avery

I can assure you that at no time while I was sauteing the portabello
mushrooms, vidalia onions and elk sirloin in real butter did the pan ever
get near to 600°.
[=;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer

All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy.