online pitch source

Philippe Errembault phil.errembault at skynet.be
Mon May 15 16:46:24 MDT 2006

Ok, criticise the precision of your PCs, but do you have any idea how
precise is your tuning fork ?
I have found on the net that a steel tuning fork can be as precise as 0.05
Hz while an aluminium one
would start a 0.2 Hz, quickly degrading to 0,5 Hz

I think a PC with a common soundcard, playing a calibrated wave file is ...
not to be compared
with a steel fork, but probably as precise as a common aluminium fork...

If you use tune lab after having properly calibrated it, then it can be as
precise as a steel tuning fork.

Philippe Errembault