Teflon being phased out.

Mark Schecter schecter at pacbell.net
Mon May 15 19:20:30 MDT 2006

gordon stelter wrote:
> I read this in a newspaper, which I unfortunately
> threw out. It said that Dupont has acknowledged the
> severe risks associated with Teflon manufacture and
> use, and is therefore phasing it out over the next 8
> years.

I think I saw a similar article, but it was saying they would phase out
a _precursor_ chemical, not Teflon itself. In other words, they would
change the manufacturing process, but not stop manufacturing Teflon.

So I Googled it (dupont teflon precursor).

Here is DuPont's explanation.
http://tinyurl.com/lnc59

Here is NPR's take, with audio:
http://tinyurl.com/mjzya

Still, it's probably not healthy to chew your knuckles. :)

-Mark Schecter