Teflon being phased out.

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Thu May 18 13:08:37 MDT 2006

Yup. I think the stuff is called "C-8", and is linked
to horrid, "Quasimodo-like" birth defects. So they may
be "buying time" to find a  substitute.
     I also, though, met a research geneticist at UGA,
with a  very informative display about the dangers of
Teflon (TM). She said it will someday be called "the
Thalidomide of the late 20th century", and had
gruesome photos of mutated mice to make her point. It
could be that, when burned, Teflon (TM) releases the
"C-8". It is found in every human body on earth now,
and in all breast milk. That's depressing. A lot of it
could be from PTFE oil treatments for cars, entering
the combustion chamber as tiny, easily burned
particles. It should also be noted that the patent, I
think, is up for this stuff; meaning that, while
DuPont may phase out the 'C-*", others may still make
their PTFE this way.
     Have a  nice day.
     Thump