AOL

pianolady50 at peoplepc.com pianolady50 at peoplepc.com
Wed May 17 20:28:25 MDT 2006

When I first went online, I used AOL.  I kept them for over ten years on a yearly payment basis.  When I was being harassed online by my ex, AOL was useless to work with (my ex used AOL, also).  The police recommended I contact a cybercrime expert.  She was able to put an end to the harassment.  Also, she *highly* urged that I dump AOL.  She told me that *any* ISP would be better and all were much more cooperative with the authorities and/or responding to members problems. It wasn't easy, I had to work up the ladder to several supervisors and learn a few tricks along the way.  I got rid of them and actually got a refund of my remaining prepayment.  As a result of being cyber-harassed and experiencing first hand the terrors, I give all the support I can to the all volunteer organization that helped me.  Take a look at their website.  If you have pre-teens/teens online at home, PLEASE look at the information available through WHOA and WHOA-KTD (Kids/Teen Division).  The URL's are listed below my signature.

Debra Legg
Boston Chapter PTG

Assistant Director of Communications
WHOA (Working to Halt Online Abuse)