plane repair

William R. Monroe pianotech at a440piano.net
Thu May 18 06:46:56 MDT 2006

Thanks, Ron,

I was just down looking at it again this morning and thinking that maybe
epoxy would be the way to go.  Unfortunately, with the existing hole, there
isn't much room to drill and place a dowel in the handle without redrilling
the bolt hole - not the end of the world, but.....

The bolt that holds the handle on is not nearly snug enough in the handle to
serve for alignment purposes.  Though, now that I think about it, perhaps I
could just find one that is snug in the handle, and follow what you suggest.

It's starting to come together.  I'll let you know when my cover photo
appears.  :-]

William R. Monroe