bridge top finish

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu May 18 09:50:54 MDT 2006

Bill
  I'm not using dissolved flakes but simply using fresh bulls eye  shellac
from the can.  It sprays easy & it builds nicely so yes it is a  result driven
thing.  I let it dry an hour or so between coats & then  put the bridge in the
hot box to dry & harden.  It's cut about 10% with  alcohol out of the can to
help flow out. I get a more uniform coat with out  brush marks & less sanding /
rub out time is required.
  Dale

Hi  Dale,

How thick a cut of shellac are you spraying?  Do you spray  (instead of
brushing or rubbing) because it's easier with your set-up, or  because of the
results?

William R. Monroe